We can support an improved state of balance throughout the year by making a conscious effort to live in harmony with the cycles of nature and by regularly adjusting our lifestyle and habits to accommodate the arrival of each new season.
As winter approaches the air becomes dry and cold and this exacerbates the Vata dosha and the Kapha dosha if it is also wet and cold. The principle of movement rules late autumn and winter and it is imperative to counteract this movement with gently warming practices across your food, lifestyle and of course your skin care regime.
Try these simple tips for nurturing and caring for your delicate skin during this harsh climate of the winter months.
Moisturise! Moisturise! Moisturise! And we mean religiously… morning and night and even a mid-afternoon hydrating facial spray or oil can do wonders to keep your complexion warm and plump this winter. The Shaanta Intensive Moisturiser is the answer to winter skincare with a rich and deeply penetrating cream base, boasting Resveratrol, L-Carnosine and hydrating actives to replenish and help protect the skin. Try applying your moisturiser to damp skin soon after patting dry post-cleanse… don’t let skin dry completely and this aids in absorption and hydration too.
Apply a liberal layer of the Rasadana Hydrating Mask to the face, neck and décolletage. You can even sleep in this leave-on mask, just remember to pop a towel or old pillowcase over your existing one.
Body and face oil
This is the perfect winter skincare companion and not just as a rich facial oil. This versatile product can be used on lips, post-shaving or waxing, as a hand, nail and/or foot treatment and also to calm any dry, flyaway hair ends, smoothing your ‘do’. A must for the home bathroom and also for your work desk to replenish drier skin for a mid-afternoon pick-me-up.
Some more tips for youthful skin this winter...
· Sip warm to hot cleansing and warming tea blends such as ginger, cinnamon and honey or warm milk with a little nutmeg to help calm and rebalance the body and mind.
· Exercise regularly outdoors to stabilise your Vitamin D levels. Vitamin D comes from sun exposure which we are lucky to still have in Australia during the winter months, but limited and safe exposure is essential. That 30-minute daily walk or power walk will do more than just keep you warm, it will replenish your Vitamin D and give you a boost of natural energy.
· Seek a specialist – Winter is great time to consult your Beauty Therapist or Aesthetician, who can analyse your skin, and work with you to provide the perfect skin care ‘recipe’ for management and maintenance.
· Don’t neglect your lips this winter. Pop on a lip balm or hydrating gloss and carry it with you for frequent re-application as heated environments can dry out our lips in minutes!
· And finally, remember your sunscreen…yes even in winter!
The Facial Ritual combines these Ayurvedic skin-care products to suit your particular needs. Please call 0433 090 696 to find out more information.